Saturday, September 20, 2014

Personal Childhood Web


My Older Sister Anita Alston-Ellis has been a sister, mentor,and my biggest cheerleader. Anita has always been the one to motivate me to succeed. She has lead by example and became an excellent
 role model for me. She is the true definition of a smart successful African American woman.


















Displaying photo.PNG        Shirley June Jackson my biological grandmother and adopted mother, taught me how to be a strong independent woman. She was the "boss" in our family. My grandmother loved me and my siblings and treated us as her own. This helped me growing up due to my biological mother's absence in my life, my grandmother filled that void. I will always remember my Grandmother saying "whatever you want to be, be the best at it" This saying helped me in doubtful time when I have wanted to give up on my dreams.

Displaying photo.PNG
All five of my siblings Jeana, Anita, Sherry, Barbara, and my twin brother Anthony. All of my siblings have shown me unconditional love. Being the youngest of my siblings they have always made sure I felt love and support growing up. Having such supportive siblings helped me be a better me by not feeling like I was missing out on something by not having my biological parents in my life.

Displaying photo.PNG
James Jackson Jr my biological grandfather and my adoptive father has been the biggest and greatest man I know. My grandfather is an exceptional man, he was a gentle spirit and delayed that everyday in caring for me. He made me feel love and showed that my opinion matter, he loved me as his own. This helped me growing up because I did not have me biological father in my life and grandfather definitely filled that void.
                                                                       

3 comments:

  1. Although you didn't have your biological parents in your life, it is clear that you received a great deal of love and support from your grandparents and your siblings. And it is also clear that you returned the love and support. Thank you for sharing your childhood web, Alysia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a blessing to you and your siblings to have grandparents that loved you as much as they did. I have found in many families that have multiple siblings are not very supportive of each other. You were very lucky to have such a close knit family in the absence of your parents.
    Thanks for sharing
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a blessing to you and your siblings to have grandparents that loved you as much as they did. I have found that families that have multiple siblings are not very supportive of each other. You and your sibling were very lucky to have such a close knit family in the absence of your parents.
    Thanks for sharing
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete