Sunday, September 25, 2016

How I evaluated myself and how others evaluated me

When I looked at how I evaluated myself verses how my coworker evaluated me I saw many similarities as well as differences. For example In the area of Communication Anxiety Inventory I reported that I feel a bit uneasy in some communication situations and somewhat more confident in others contexts, While my friend reported that I am a confident communicator and communication is not something that I worry about. Then when I moved on to verbal aggressiveness scale  we both reported  that I maintain a good balance between respect and consideration for others' viewpoints, and the ability to argue fairly by attacking the facts of a position rather than the person holding that position. When it can to listening skills it was reported t that my day is tightly schedules and I carefully allocate my time for listening. I prefer that others respect my time limitations, and that I can appear efficient but impatient. One thing that surprised me the most was that my friends and colleague  felt as if I am a confident speaker, I would not call myself a confident speak however I try to take my time and communicate effectively. Insight I gained this week about communication is that is that I am very timed-oriented which sometimes can come off as being impatient I learned that I must not appear to be impatient and openly listen to the message that is trying to be given to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment