Sunday, October 2, 2016

Communication/conflict

My roommate and I moved in to a luxurious apartment in buckhead. A week prior to the move I realize that my new roommate had an in enormous amount of items she would be bringing with her. I spoke to my future roommate (which by the way her name is Brittney) about having to downsize. Considering she had been living on her own for the last five years and had accumulated a great amount of household items. I spoke with Brittney in particular about a very large 3 piece entertainment system which would fit in the living room however what caused the living room to look cluttered. I made Brittney aware of my feelings towards clutter. Brittany explained how we were going to have to make it work because she would not be willing to throw it away nor put the entertainment system in storage. The day of the move finally arrived in the entertainment system was in the living room after viewing how cluttered  it made the apartment feel,I began to get upset. Brittney seeing my frustration asked me if there was something that we could do so that we both were happy. I was too upset to think, it looks cluttered in the living room and you don't want to put it in storage. I saw no other way we both would be happy..While vent to a friend he suggested that we break the system down into 3 parts, one part stayed in the living room and we both took a part and used it as our television stand in our rooms. Great idea I thought strategy I could have used would have been compromise from the beginning however I didn't not see how it could work in both of our favor.


Yesterday I wanted to take my male friend out to dinner. We went to a fancy restaurant downtown and had a lovely meal. Once the check came he reached and grab I insisted that he give me the check so that I may pay. He insisted in the opposite direction. I explained to him that I wanted to take him out which meant that I should pay. He explained to me that he only agree just to get me to go but he knew he would still pay. After about 5 minutes of debate on who would pay the tab, I gave in an allowed him to pay for our dinner. My male friend feels as if a man should pay for the woman and I hesitantly allowed him. We would could have better communicated our feeling prior to the dinner so that neither one of us is feel awkward about paying or not paying. To my readers do you believe that since I offered to take him out should he have allowed me to pay for the meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment